I'm offering a small prize to the first person who solves this puzzle:
Last year I had a short holiday somewhere on the UK mainland. The following information is enough for you to work out which town or village I went to, using logic, research and thought.
1. I used the quickest possible route excluding car and air travel.
2. There were no engineering works or delays, and all services were running normally.
3. From Southfields station in London I took three trains and one bus to reach my destination - in the following order: train - train - bus - train. (For the avoidance of doubt, a change of trains counts as two trains.)
4. The second train journey took me out of London.
5. The last train journey took over an hour and I got off at the last but one stop on the line.
What is the name of that stop?